View Single Post

Old 09-20-2019, 06:11 AM

FYI - We purchased a home a short time ago and have recently acquired a golf cart. We live between 466A and 44 and about equal distances from Brownwood and Sumter Landing.

We usually use our cart for evening drives, exploring and seeing the area. Neither of us golf (yet), but we find that you see so much more in the cart. We believe this is true because you travel slower, and probably most importantly you have the opportunity to stop and talk to others.

Learning to travel via a cart is different and one must learn the “rules of the road”. Navigation is different than via a car due to the tunnels and the “no-go” main thoroughfares. We have found this is not a deterrent, but rather a plus - we enjoy discovering all there is to see and experience here.

One thing I have not seen brought up here in this thread - gas Golf Carts get somewhere around 50 MPG, so zipping to the mailbox, a trip to the local square or to the local store for a few groceries is inexpensive.

As many others have suggested, take your time (rent if you wish - I have been told that many times that cost is deducted if you buy new) and figure out what it is that you want and like to do, then dive in.

PS - I have noticed that used cars here in The Villages deprecate faster than used golf carts. Many times I have seen that seven year old cars sell for about the same as a seven year old cart!