View Single Post

Old 09-20-2019, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I wonder if any Yamaha Gas Cart has ever broken the 75,000 or 100,000-mile mark without an Engine Block Replacement? That would be some selling point, wouldn't it? GrumyOldMan, why not call J & J Golf Cart Rental and esplain to them what you're trying to accomplish Phone: 352 259-9701.

Sharon Star at The Villages Golf Cart 352-750-3410 and esplain to her the thing you are trying to decide. I believe your decision will be a whole lot easier than you think it is. You could flip a coin.

Nobody told you our new friend, once you decide which kind of cart now you have to decide from where? Oh Boy! Everybody, Mostly Everybody had the best place to buy a cart. You are doing great. Most people have the same indecision as you.

I just can't get the vision of a friend of ours who needed batteries in both of his Pristine E-Z Golf Carts and got the news about both inside of one week. The Tears In His Eyes were Gigantic. It was sad to see him have to face the music! $$$ He fixed one and bought a beautiful brand new Yamaha Gas from The Villages Golf Carts. Imagine Pull in, report the problem drive out in a loaner inside of 15 minutes. No waiting for a repairman to show at your house. Good Luck Grump. You are going to do fine.
So your friend did no due diligence when he bought his E-Z Go. How could he not know that he would need to but batteries and how much they would cost. I replace batteries every 4 years, about $700.00. I knew that before I bought it and we bought two. I have full range (but then I live in the middle now), and have a nice quiet clean ride. Next time you're out take a look at how many brand new Yamaha's are pulled over so either the driver or the passenger can make a phone call. We have had neighbors make the swith to electric. All of what I just said means NOTHING since you are the one that will be driving it, maintaining it, sharing it with your spouse. Do your due diligence and make a decsion that meets your lifestyle. The advice you get here is a result of individuals biases and preferences and if youi make a decision based on what they tell you here, if you make a bad one they will not be here to accept any responsibility. Very few here will admit they made the wrong decision.

Berks County Pennsylvania