View Single Post

Old 09-28-2019, 08:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief5654 View Post
Thanks to all who have replied so far. Keep your great comments and advice coming! ;>) Should have mentioned in my original post that I could care less about golf. I gave up on it well over 30 years ago, was never much good at it, altho I did once legitimately break 100 with a score of 99 on 18 holes. For me it was aggravating, I didn't find it enjoyable and have absolutely no desire to try it again. I'm more in to boating, fishing, RV'ing, travel and outdoor recreation. I also like old car restoration and woodworking. We have scheduled a 4 day stay in a villa there, around the end of October and hope to learn a lot from that. Thanks again!
Due to your specific interests, I would personally suggest somewhere in the vicinity of Spanish Springs (points north, west, south) or the "historic" section, which is northeast and east of Spanish Springs.

Here's why: that is the closest to the Ocala Forest, which has RV, fishing, and outdoor recreation opportunities. Boating is limited to small outboard motors, jetskis, and similar. Canoeing seems to be the most popular boating type on the many streams through the forest.

I would say, even if you want newer construction, that you probably would want to look at homes located between Lake Sumter Landing town square and Spanish Springs town square, in the northeastern sections of The Villages.

The western edge of the forest is only 10-15 minutes' drive from Orange Blossom, which is part of the historic section of the Villages.

Proximity to Orlando is a non-issue as someone mentioned before. It's around an hour away (depending on where you start from and how fast you drive).

The older sections including the actual "historic" section and the other neighborhoods nearest Spanish Springs is closest to the 301 and 441 routes out of the Villages to the north, which you say you are also looking for, due to family living nearby.

You can find a variety of home types in the area, from some of the original tiny 780sf single-wide trailer homes in Silver Lake, to condo-style townhouses right in Spanish Springs (if there are any for sale, I don't see any listed on the Homefinder right now), a few newer construction homes, and a number of 1200+ sf, 2 bed, 2 bath, many with "bonus" rooms that are sometimes used as a third bedroom with no closet.

There are also a smattering of higher end designer homes with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2+ car garages, spas, granite countertops, fireplaces, etc. etc. etc.

Most of this area is older homes. By "old" I mean between 10 and 25 years old (so - barely out of diapers, if you're a New Englander )

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 09-28-2019 at 08:30 PM.