View Single Post

Old 09-29-2019, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I believe I got burned out on the guys in the wife-beater T-shirts 25 years ago on the show "Cops". Then my wife and me got hooked on Courtv, started with the Ted Billion murder in Vegas about 1998 and we saw many trials until the network went off. Right now HLN has been giving a lot of coverage to the women cop in Dallas who entered the wrong apartment thinking it was hers, and shooting and killing the occupant.

Mainly now we watch ID Channel (Investigation Discovery), we record several shows everyday and watch them at night when we can speed through the commercials. They've created one star, that is Lt. Joe Kenda of Colorado Springs Police now retired, as he reviews one of his 400 murder cases every week. The actor who portrays Joe in the reenactments, who was once a cop himself, has become of sort of a star himself. This is Joe's final season and you can tell he's running out of stories. They put two storeylines on each week and very few murders now. I like the Paula Zahn show as she goes over older cold cases and how they were solved. Most all of the shows are reenactments and are filmed in Atlanta or Louisville, somewhere in the south and keeps a lot of actors working.

My favorite is called Breaking Homicide where a former detective works on unsolved cold cases and interviews the police and witnesses and in many cases, gives the police new person of interest. On Directv the ID Channel is channel 285. Breaking Homicide is between seasons right now. It's star is former Rhode Island Police Detective Derrick Lavesseur and he is really good at his job. He dropped his partner, a psychologist, after the first season.

The Villages Florida