View Single Post

Old 09-29-2019, 11:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief5654 View Post
Newbie here and not yet a Villages owner. But, we're strongly considering a possible move here.
My question is, are some Villages better or considered more desirable than others? Also, is there much difference in the property tax rates in the counties wherein Villages neighborhoods are located? I'm particularly interested in Marion County Villages locations, as its a bit closer to our 2 of our 3 grown kids, who live in north FL and is also farther away from the Orlando metro area, which I'd like to avoid. I know noting about any of the various Villages developments but it just seems reasonable that some may be better and/or more desirable than others?
Will appreciate input from "seasoned" Villages residents. Thanks!
The short answer is NO!!! I still say there will be areas that you might prefer due to your interests!

I would make a list of "must haves" as opposed to "would like to have", in possibly selecting an area or home you might want to buy.

After one has lived here for awhile, it's more important to be closer to doctors and shopping and one doesn't go the squares as much.

TV is vast so I would make sure I get a map when you visit so you can analyze where you might want to live. Renting for awhile is good to determine exactly where you might want to live.

Sumter county still has the lowest taxes even after an increase after 14 years.

The area south of 44 is beautiful but I think it's a little too rustic for me, (IMHO). It really comes down to personal preferences. Marion county is north of 466 and can be close to Rt 42. It's a little north of where I lived and people seem to love it. It seems to be more peaceful and traffic is less from what I heard.

Don't get too riled up over making a perfect decision as most people have three homes before they found the right home. That's not me as I don't like to move. I am a one and done type of person.

Whatever decision you make, it won't be a bad one as TV is a beautiful place to live.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).

Last edited by 2BNTV; 09-29-2019 at 11:19 AM.