View Single Post

Old 09-30-2019, 02:04 PM

Re: Walmart chicken noodle soup. I haven't seen the frozen one, so I'll look next time I'm there, but I love their chicken soup at the deli department (not the one on the soup shelves.) So yummy! Also really like TooJay's and Bob Evans chicken soups. One of the best I ever had was at Habaneros Mexican place; lots of huge chunks of chicken breast and rice, etc. tomato based broth but not too spicy. It really is a meal. I realize both store bought and restaurant soups have too much sodium. Whatever I bring home, I usually add water to the broth to take it down a notch if the saltiness is intense.
Re: restaurant steaks. Hard to find a good steak that isn't doused in salt, pepper, sauces. If I do order one, I ask for unseasoned, as I like the natural taste of the beef.
Actually, it is not easy to find non spicy dishes on menus. Chipotle this, jalepeno that, salsa, curry, onions, peppers, garlic, horseradish, etc. separately or in some combination in almost everything on offer. Doesn't leave many choices for those with digestive issues or prefer blander foods. I never enjoyed burning my mouth, lips, tongue, throat to eat something you can't even taste the food underneath.
Happy eating!