View Single Post

Old 10-02-2019, 12:14 AM
Veteran member

When we first moved here in 2009, Dr Jane Cai was recommended as an excellent primary care doctor. And I started going to her. I had a follow-up appointment one day that they called and asked if I could come in 15 minutes early. Sure, I was ready so I left. I ended up being a half hour early. No one was at the desk and no one was in the waiting room. I waited and waited. I could hear conversation in the back. I could hear Dr Cai talking. People started bringing in food. Of course, I jumped to conclusions and assume that it was a drug salesman providing lunch. Damn! I waited almost 2 hours past my original appointment time before she saw me. She knew I was mad. Then the clencher was, "Let me listen to your heart.". And she passed the stethoscope around my chest as if it were radar, she wasn't even touching me! I never went back, I never received a call, nada, nothing, zilch. I was appalled to think that a doctor or anyone, would ask someone to come in early, sit in the back eating, laughing, socializing while a patient, client or customer with an appointment, sits for hours. Cleveland Clinic used to have signs in all their waiting rooms that said, "If you have been sitting for 20 minutes or more and haven't been seen by a nurse or doctor, please tell the person at the desk". I never sat more than 5 or 10 minutes and I never felt rushed when I saw the doctor. I have never had the Dr Cai experience again and I will never let it happen again.