View Single Post

Old 10-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
If you plan to live in TV full time, you might want to see it in different seasons too. You are smart to check in here for help, I did the same and so far I’ve gotten great advice (most of the time). Also if you follow TOTV for awhile you get to see what the local concerns and solutions are. You also get a sense of the kind of people you might meet.
Omigosh. Please don't take TOTV as indicative of The Villages residents. Remember it is a social media forum, and people take advantage of their anonymity to speak more forcefully than they would in a face-to-face situation. Myself included.

TV really is a friendly place, and people you meet are for the most part going to be enjoyable and neighborly.

Velvet makes a point: come to visit in different seasons, summer especially. Summer is very hot and humid. Most get used to it; some don't. My favorite times are winter and spring or fall: winter because the cooler weather really suits my Pennsylvania/Michigan bones, and spring and fall because it is calm and quiet.