View Single Post

Old 10-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
I don't know for sure but I'd be willing to bet that no other area in our country has a for profit organization brokering residential real estate apart and separate from the local MLS excluding any and all outside brokers and in the process acquiring a 70% resale market share and a 100% new construction share. This practice inhibits the fair and balanced way residential real estate is bought and sold elsewhere throughout our country. They, the Villages don't play well with the other kids.
I can negotiate a selling commission with any MLS broker down to 3% but the Villages resale division is non-negotiable. With them it's 6% or the highway unless you do a sell/buy transaction with them which will then rebate 1% of the sale price which is not paid at closing, rather it's delivered in the form of a check several weeks after the closing.
On another note I'm not a fan of a strictly linear commission. A 600K house cost markets at a minimally higher cost than a 300K one. DOM currently is at 27 within the 32163 zip code. It doesn't take a marketing wizard to sell a house here. 36K vs 18K? I won't be suckered into that.
I am a homeowner, real estate is not and has never been my trade but I do observe quite well and have saved a ton of money in the process and my broker was paid appropriately fair.
I don't care about the realtor vs selling agent thing. I'm a big boy and can watch out for myself, don't need a fiduciary relationship so kudos to the Villages.

Bottom line, it's a real PITA not having the ability to one stop shop with any MLS broker of your choosing.
I'll bet you are a realtor no matter the disclaimer. The only folks with a gripe are the folks who don't get to sell new homes. I don't blame The Villages for not sharing when they don't have to.

I don't blame people for selling their own home without a realtor.

I'm not real nuts about realtors. Nice thing about The Villages reps they don't sell hard. They don't have to. Jim McLaughlin sold us both our homes. And he showed us resales too. He is a smart and kind man and his wife Patty is a dear soul as well.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-02-2019 at 07:25 PM.