View Single Post

Old 10-03-2019, 01:50 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Be prepared to be overwhelmed. First try to get the sales stuff sent to you before you come here. This is a very large area. It was built from the top (northeast to the bottom, south. It is newer as you go south with some exceptions. Our Village is in the middle and it is only eight years old.

Study the three general types of homes. Ranchesand Patio Villas are the smallest and least expensive after the modular homes that are only found in the parts north east of 441/27. Designers represents the predominant type and size of home people choose here. They are from about 1600 sq. ft to close to 2500 sq ft. Premiers are usually from around 2200 sq ft to sometimes close to 5000 sq. ft.
The price range of all homes here is from around 100K to more than a million dollars, but they all have the same amenity fee of about $150 dollars a month.

We thought at first that it would be easier to leave a Courtyard Villa that is fenced in and has a small yard because we were snow birds when we were looking for a first home. We were sure that is what we wanted. We had looked at many on line, New and used.

We bought a new designer, a Camilla, in Hadley and enjoyed it for four years and then had built the home we live in now full time.

Take your time. Find reasons to return and rent if possible. If you make a mistake and want a different home size or view, homes here are easy to sell.

I do not and have never sold real estate. Get a Villages Sales rep and a MLS realtor and have Frank D'Angelo on speed dial.

I am EXTREMELY BIASED toward living here.

Very good advice. Not much to add. OP, said “new home” so don’t know for sure what was meant by that. All new homes (never lived in) are through The Villages Real Estate. if looking at a relatively new resale, I would contact a MLS office and also The Villages Real Estate office. Going to open houses is a very good way to get a feel of what houses are currently available in The Villages. You will find residents happy to talk to you and willing to answer any questions you might have so I would use that to get a different perspective when it’s appropriate. Good luck and enjoy your visit.