Thread: The Visit
View Single Post

Old 10-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
When it is an invite only in a place like The Sharon why would anybody waste their time to crowd around and try to get a glimpse of Trump.

Like all the major performers he will arrive and depart away from the possible masses.

There is no amassing of crowds as there will be nothing/nobody to see.

My guess would be if Trump were to have one of his rally time appearances he, like Bush did, would attract huge crowds. There would be a real reason to attend and participate. I also think the invite only venue was a poor choice for The Villages. And I am not sure whose preference that reflects.....Trumps or....?....

Anyway the lucky few will represent the wishes of the rest of us.

I would have to assume The White House made the decision for it to be invite only as it was not supposed to be a campaign appearance although it did go off the rails a little bit. I doubt they asked The Villages what they preferred.

As for crowds, comparing the arrival of "The Drifters" or even Jay Leno to ANY President of the United States is a bit off. My feeling about the orange guy aside I wouldn't mind watching all the cool stuff (protesters, weirdos, sharpshooters, Secret Service, motorcades, helicopters etc) that surrounds any presidential visit no matter who it was which is what surprised me that it wasn't as crazy as I expected. From what I understand they did have big screens outside The Sharon for the 10's of thousands to view the speech.