View Single Post

Old 10-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,918 Times in 2,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I’ve been reading on a neighborhood site about Villagers receiving excessive water bills recently and wonder if any TOTV residents are among those who have received such a bill. I personally have not. According to some the problem is faulty water meters that are affected by lightning that strikes in The Villages. Most, if not all, problems seem to be in the summer during lightning season. A number of residents appear to be frustrated with the utility company and have issues with trying to get a large bill resolved. Of course, occasionally a break in an irrigation line, plumbing issue or error in billing are major factors. My neighbor had an irrigation line come loose at a joint two years ago and water was bubbling up in his front yard. There are some previous Threads on excessive water bills but no recent ones.
Some people don’t have clue how long to run irrigation system. Couple in my neighborhood run irrigation so long the most water runs down the street drain for nearly hour 3 or 4 days week. It’s waste of water and money. That would be the first place I would look HOW long each system runs and how much runoff.