View Single Post

Old 10-05-2019, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

That's why on an earlier thread of yours I mentioned, don't go to a championship course for at least a year. That's the biggest complaint at those courses. My foursome can play 18 holes in as little as 3 hours, we did that two weeks ago Evans Prairie when no one was in front of us. Normally it takes 4 hours if were playing behind other foursomes, like we did yesterday at Cane Garden. It's when our round takes 4 plus hours it gets to be a problem. That's why it's so great having the executives here at TV. Just imagine all the beginners at that championship courses. Most cities and towns you're lucky to find an executive style course. They're might be one in the whole city.

On the executives I mentioned don't play until you've gone to the driving range for a couple of weeks, you don't even know how far each club will go. If the hole is 130 yards, do you know what club to use. You're learning an entirely new sport. It's not like bowling, where you own the lane. There are groups going out right behind you. Keep that in mind.