View Single Post

Old 10-07-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Noob here with another question.

As we are preparing to take Good Golf course and lessons, etc. One thing I am a little concerned with is I don't want to be "in the way" of faster players.

Do players get upset at slow players - or is it normal to just let some "play through" (politely)?

I have no problem with letting other faster players go ahead of me at any tee.

Is this an issue? Is it normal? I would think with this many "old" people, some would be slower than others.
The pace of play on the executive golf courses is generally good. There are times when it is slow and more often than not it’s because some people appear to be oblivious to the other folks
In front or behind them.
Two big problems are:
1. Sorry girls but you are the worst offending party when it comes to standing around having discussions
Such as where do we go to lunch or who had the most serious health issue of the day or who has the smartest best looking grandkids.
2. The other big problem and perhaps the absolute worst is the Easter Egg Hunters. These folks are not happy just looking for their own ball hit out of bounds but they hold up pace on every hole looking to add to their collection
Another five gallon bucket of other peoples list golf balls.
The vast majority of folks out having a good time are polite and even if never informed on course etiquette, are aware of their responsibility to keep up the pace. It’s the rude idiots who stand around blabbing and hunting for balls that create huge unnecessary backups.
The ambassadors will sometimes try to politely get them moving but if you ask
the ambassadors they often will tell you they could loose there job or have a complaint filed against them so they end up doing little more than offering you water and saying have a nice day.