View Single Post

Old 10-07-2019, 07:47 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default It is in fact not only against...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
I understand your not wanting our dogs on your property. And I can not speak to "all dog owners", but I can assure you that if you see us walking our dogs on your property, a simple comment that you would appreciate us not walking there would be sufficient and we would avoid your property in the future.

In our neighborhood the covenant is pretty clear (could be better) in stating that if our dog poops on your property we are supposed to (expected to) pick it up. This to me is a pretty clear indication that the rules intend to allow us to walk our dogs at least along the edge of your property at the road.

That said, I also believe it is not unreasonable for you to not want that to happen, and as I said, a simple "please keep your dog off my property" would suffice to get us to stop trespassing.

Sadly, many people are not as interested in peaceful co-existence... This whole "having neighbors" thing is new to us, coming from 11 acres where the closest neighbor being over 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. We are trying to learn, but I do think some give and take on both sides can make things better.
all Village restrictions, but also county and state restrictions that you a)do not let your dog go on private property for any reason b)the leash be no more than 6 feet long(look it up...I did).

If you're taking your dog for a "walk" then that is it's exercise and not to be combined with relieving itself unless it's on common property or a dog park. And no matter where your dog poops it is illegal to leave it no matter where that is. I don't want dog/pet urine on my lawn. That too is illegal...look it up.

You can be fined...it isn't as cheap as picking it up.