View Single Post

Old 10-07-2019, 07:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
Jumping in on this thread, with a electric meter question. I am a snowbird and will not be back to TV until mid-October. With most of the electric in the house turned off and plugs pulled, my bill has been for July and August 366kwh and 339kwh. Well, this month with me still up North, our bill showed 684kwh used. I compared it to last year in Sept and it was 347kwh. Had Seco read it again, and it came back to me as correct. I checked with our House Watch person and was assured nothing has changed in the house. The only thing I can assume was the AC system has been working overtime for some reason even with the same settings as previous months. Maybe a dumb question but could lightning make the meter spin?
It is your ac and the ambient temp outside.

For the calendar month of September 27 days vacant, three occupied with vampire load minimized, 2050 sq ft, stucco 82 degrees vacant 74 occupied I used a total KwH: 512.8, AC was 364.3 or 71% of total useage.

64.2KwH always on (vampire load) 12.5%. By vampire load minimized I mean TV, cables boxes, and water water softener unplugged.