View Single Post

Old 10-10-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Princess View Post
Thanks for your note! By existing home, I meant pre-owned. We plan to retire in about 3 years so we are starting to look at locations now. My parents rent each year in TV so I am fairly familiar with the area/layout. Our plan is to buy in 3 years, but if we saw something we LOVED in 1-2 years, we could buy sooner and rent it out.

We are also struggling with the snowbird or full-time FL resident question which would make a difference in the house size/price point.

Decisions...decisions...decisions...
Makes sense. It's still my opinion that looking at anything pre-owned unless and until you are ready to buy is a waste of your time and a waste of an agent's time and potentially a waste of the homeowner's time. The best way to get a feel for home layouts, locations, and prices is to just take advantage of open houses. There are 20+ open houses daily of brand new homes and a wide variety of floor plan options to look at every day. There are also pre-owned open houses every day that are also listed in the paper. Usually the new home open houses will be relatively near each other but pre-owned could be all over the place. But an open house gives you a chance to browse at you own pace and you are not tying up someone else's valuable time. Good luck