View Single Post

Old 10-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Landscaping is hard for me to conceptualize for some reason. I mean that I see someone's yard and I think it is beautiful, but can't figure out the components that make it beautiful. I don't have so much trouble with things I don't like in landscaping.

I am a decent observer of an indoor set up, can see the color balance and furniture placement and placement of accessories.

It is further more difficult in TV where things are different, and even mulches look different than up north. In Ohio I wouldn't consider curbing around a bed or orange-brown mulch, but some of it looks nice in Florida. I like a big palm tree that I have seen placed, but I don't know what its name is. Charlotte? Bertha? Jeannie?

I still haven't been brain washed into the painting of the driveway or surgery clean garages.

What do you people who speak Arborese or whatever think make a Villages yard lovely? Speak to me botany breath!

(And Nonie and Kathie don't start about the Tschotkes or whatever you Easterners call them)

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-23-2008 at 06:57 AM.