Thread: Irrigation Bill
View Single Post

Old 10-12-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, I agree with above, you need to look for leaks. If your irrigation is included in the water bill, turn your irrigation on one zone at a time and look for broken sprinkler head(s), just had one myself, but a neighbor noticed it right away. You can put some food coloring in the toilet tank, and see if the water in the bowl turns that color, if it does you have a leak. The ACE hardware off 466 near Publix seems to have a lot of the Villages specific items, if you decide to repair the toilet yourself.
Hope this helps.
One other item, you can make sure all your faucets, etc are off, and look at the water meter, if the needle is moving, you have a leak, look around the lawn for a wet spot, then call plumber or irrigation as appropriate.
I agree...seems like many owners are trying to find an easy way out without doing a little work. I read another post this week and everyone seems to be pointing a finger at the water company and hoping that there is something wrong with their meter or wanting the water company to find out what is wrong with their water problems then they wonder why their water bill goes up. Take the time to look around and find out what might be wrong. If everyone continues to blame the water company and calling them for nothing it may not be long before they will be charging for a service call also.