View Single Post

Old 10-13-2019, 06:59 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
The budget is an annual budget. All the infrastructure won't be built this year. The $100,000,000 figure is generally accepted. Do you have an alternative one?

I cite Collier for comparison purposes and to point out how low the $901 paid for by the Developer is by comparison.

The amount that should be collected here is obviously the total cost of infrastructure expansion (of all kinds, not just roads) necessitated by the Developer's massive expansion of The Villages divided by the number of houses to be built.

Now, I will ask you a question, Why when they learned of the Developer's plan to massively expand The Villages, didn't the County Commissioners recompute the Developer's impact fee instead of increasing everybody's property taxes?

I will ask you another question, would you identify yourself so readers can determine if you are affiliated with the Developer or Commissioners?

The thing is................A majority of the 2019/2020 tax increase is not going to infrastructure caused by TV growth.

Why didn't they recompute???...........they have a long-term vision for county growth and future county revenues.

The negative focus (yours included) is "selling" the point: 25% is because of infrastructure costs and if the Developer paid a much larger impact fee, 'our taxes would have been flat.'

It's just spread falsehoods.

Just quit whining and move forward.