View Single Post

Old 10-13-2019, 07:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
You keep making an apples and oranges comparison. You even acknowledge it in this post. In Collier County the impact fees cover a lot more than Sumter County. Many of the areas that are subject to impact fees in Collier County are paid for by the developer within The Villages. The same principle applies to impact fees for homes permits in Sumter County but outside of The Villages. It is very difficult to get the number of single family home permits have been issued in Collier County, but I am willing to bet it is nowhere close to the permits issued in Sumter County due to the development of The Villages. It is call Economies of Scale!

I will just make a short comment about the POA. It is a political organization. It may have started out as an advocate for the residents, but that is long gone. Their goal is to oppose the development of The Villages and to take over our method of government. This can be seen as board members of the POA are running for seats on the CDDs.
You miss the point about Collier County. Tell me why Collier County requires developers to pay for all those infrastructure costs in addition to roads, and Sumter County does not. Don't you think it just might have something to do with the Developer's relationship with the Sumter County Commissioners??