View Single Post

Old 10-14-2019, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,582 Times in 3,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
The only place they could be coming -from- if they're not from the Villages, is Stonecrest. That's the only place I can think of that has golf cart access to the same stores and medical centers.

Maybe the POA, or the VHA, should get in touch with the POA at Stonecrest and remind them - kindly of course - that their residents are not permitted to use those gates. And maybe if they don't do what's necessary to keep their own residents in line, perhaps their POA should start being billed for the gate replacements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajulian View Post
Jazuela, maybe you should get some proof from the cameras of who is causing damage to the gates. In many situations The Villages has proven that it has been Villages residents in many gates being damaged across the Villages.

It’s not ethical to accuse and slander Stonecrest and expect their POA to pay for damages when all you have for proof is your speculation.

By the way do you use the paved golf cart path between Aldi’s and Walmart. You know, the one that Stonecrest residents paid for out of their own pockets to improve the dirt path that was there before. And Stonecrest people did this and you get the benefit of it with no contribution to maintain it. And you still badmouth them.

Maybe you should do the right thing and consider reciprocal use of that cart path and the gate.
This thread was started by someone who has observed that NON-Villages residents have been crashing the gate. As I posted in the post you responded to - my response was IF THE OP'S SUPPOSITION IS TRUE - then the only place I could think of where those golf carts could be coming from, is Stonecrest.

However I've just been informed by the post directly above me that Spruce Creek also has access to that path, that leads to our golf cart gate.

The Walmart path is open to anyone who can pass it; Stonecrest doesn't own that property, they merely agreed to cover the cost of paving it. It is an open-access golf cart path and residency in one specific development is not required for its use.

Residency of The Villages to use the Villages gate from that path to the Villages residents - and back out again - is required in order to use the gate. The only thing on the other side of that gate, is Villages residences, and Villages-exclusive amenities.

Supposedly there are cameras - I've seen them, but don't know if they operate or record. But if they do, it would seem a logical step to take a look at them and learn who is crashing the gate.

And - as I said before: IF IT IS someone from outside the Villages - whichever development those gate-breakers are coming from - should be held responsible for their repair and for reminding THEIR residents that they are not permitted to use that particular gate, since it leads to private property, not to commerce of any sort that they would need access to.