View Single Post

Old 10-14-2019, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I agree with Aloha1 except he contradicts himself. First paragraph: "Certainly humans influence the level of pollution world wide with plastic refuse, chemicals, etc"

Second paragraph: "To imply that humans can have any effect on global climate change is the height of hubris."

I feel that we absolutely DO have an affect on climate change. I also believe that we are not responsible for climate change. I believe in the ripple effect. We pollute the oceans with trillions of tons of garbage every year, which causes the ocean levels to rise, which causes thermal interference, which contributes to (not causes) polar ice reduction, which causes atmospheric changes, which is - climate change. That's just one thing humans do that contributes to climate change.

Does it exist? Yup, sure does. Do we contribute to the changes? Yup, you betcha. Are we "responsible" for the change? Not at all. Are there things we can do that will slow down the change, or make it less severe in our grandchildrens' lifetime? Yup. Will it stop climate change? Nope.

Evolution will continue with or without us. Our planet will slowly continue to die, as all planets do. But it's in our best interest, as a species, to at least TRY not to speed up our own extinction.
Not enough to make a real dent in the problem, at this time. Enough to know that every little bit helps, the old lady said as she peed in the sea.