View Single Post

Old 10-14-2019, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
Gracie, this is true, but its a very narrow view. This labor wage and housing concern branches out to Lady Lake, Wildwood, Fruitland Park and other areas. Many of these residents work around the Villages, but not the Villages directly so the school benefit has no value.

The message is that if we all want the Villages to continue to be what it has been, we have to start supporting change to ensure it is sustainable. Otherwise, don't expect the Villages to be immune to the problems seen in any other community.
Quite simply I view what you just said as rhetoric. It is how you view society in my opinion. I think that life will always have a curve of earners. If we build public housing for them, how are they better off than the really inexpensive housing they can rent or buy all around here? I know and many of my friends know what it is like to live on a small income. Your goals are kind and good. I see a lot of poor people who live around us that won't be poor long. I see it in the people who work long hours doing back breaking labor in the heat and bring their lunch to save money. Many will be a future teacher, CEO or President of this country. It is no shame to be poor and no shame to be rich either. Those who do their best and can do no better will most likely be alright too. I have lived long enough to see it happen. We need to save our concern for the truly disabled among us.