View Single Post

Old 10-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I saw Joker yesterday, I gave it a 10 out of 10. It was great. It's not an action hero movie or even a DC Comic movie. It's about a person's decent into madness. If you liked in one form or another; Taxi Driver, V for Vendetta or American Psycho as far as storyline or the slow psychological change in a person's persona in films like The Shinning, Falling Down or The Black Swam, then you will enjoy this film. It was totally character driven with no plot, just the daily routine and mundane life of someone who has a terrible upbringing, living at home and taking care of his feeble mother and his eventual demise.

The only relationship to Batman is that the film takes place in Gotham City. I never spend money at the movies to see a film on IMDB (Internet Movie Database) that has a rating less than 7.0. Generally films rated 8.0 or above are very good and films 8.5 or above are exceptional. The Joker has a rating at this very moment of 8.9 from 310,261 voters, people just like you and me that belong to IMDB.

I loved the scene where he takes his character to a new level dressed in his red suit and dances down the steps to Gary Glitter's Rock N Roll Part 2. I was at a fairly packed house yesterday at $5 Tuesday at LSL and I didn't see one person leave early.

The Villages Florida