View Single Post

Old 10-16-2019, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Before Krauser's bought all the Wawas up in Connect-the-dot, there were no Wawa gas stations. They were just convenience stores that competed with 7-11s, which also no longer exist there.

On the other hand, Cumberland Farms has the best gas station coffee I've ever tasted.

In addition, truck stop diners are known for hearty, well-made, very tasty food with amazing locally-made pies. And they are ALL gas stations, by definition.

As for low-budget crowd, the only time I ever get a taco from Taco Bell is if I'm desperately hungry, in a mall that has one, and have less than $3 in cash in my purse. I'll get 2 of the dollar-menu tacos (or $1.29 or however much they are these days) and a kid's cup of water. And now I won't even do that, since they just pulled all the ground beef out of their stores due to the presence of metal shavings found in them.

For McDonald's, I sometimes get a craving for the fish sandwich, or a Big-Mac. But I always take out the middle piece of bread. I probably should just have them build me a double-cheeseburger with special sauce, lettuce, pickles, onions, on a normal burger bun. It'd be a lot cheaper.

For Burger King, I used to like the Yumbo sandwiches but they don't make them anymore. Then I was on a cheesy-tots kick. But I worked there for 3.5 years and we used to just grab them from the fryer when the boss wasn't looking. Free eats is better than cheap eats!
NOT sure I'd admit doing that even if it was years ago. Glad I don't frequent B.K.!!!