View Single Post

Old 10-16-2019, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
"The only relationship to Batman is the film takes place in Gotham City". There were many episodes that connect Batman to this movie. Arthur (Joker) was beaten by 3 drunks on the train, they were Wayne Enterprise businessman. Arthur (Joker) went to the Wayne complex and met the little boy at the gate. That was Bruce Wayne(Batman). Arthur met Bruce Wayne's dad in the bathroom and got punched in the face. Bruce Wayne and parents left the theater and the parents got shot in the alley. Bruce(Batman) witnessed it. Arthur's mom worked for the Wayne's.
Yes, you're right, I totally forgot about the Wayne family angle which opened the door to Bruce Wayne and Batman. I was thinking more along the lines of what did The Joker connect to the movie. I must missed the three drunks worked for Wayne, I thought they were Wall Streeters, rich guys which everyone hated. Since it was the 80's, they could played Krokus "Eat the Rich", that would be correct decade.

I would of liked to have seen a tie-in at the end. When Joker was on the hood of the police car and he stood and the crowd of clowns began to cheer, on the screen would be the words "20 years later". The next scene would be the opening bank robbery of Dark Knight, and then the end of the movie.

I also thought in the beginning instead of already employed as a clown, he had a beard and applied for the clown job. The employer said to lose the beard and when he shaved it off, his scars were visible, so he wore the red lip make-up to cover the scars, which tied in to Dark Knight again. They already said his mother's boyfriends abused him as a child. They could changed boyfriends to father had caused the scars so it would of tied in to Dark Knight. Overall I enjoyed the film.