Thread: Nba
View Single Post

Old 10-17-2019, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromAroundHere View Post
Doesn't bother me any more than it would bother me if a cashier a Publix tweeted their opinion. Wouldn't change my shopping habits at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Couldn't you say the same thing about Hollywood actors/actresses? I don't understand why their political opinions have any value.
You both obviously don't get it about their hypocrisy. It is not their opinion that upsets people. In this wonderful country we live in everyone has a right to their opinion. The issue here is that they have one opinion when it get's them lots of likes on their tweets, but doesn't cost them any money. Then their opinion takes a 180 degree turn when the same or very similar opinion suddenly could effect their already ridiculously outrageous income stream. It has nothing to do with their opinions, it is about the hypocrisy.

On another note, at least the NBA commissioner seemed to finally grow a set of stones today when he refused China's demand that the NBA employee that tweeted "Free Hong Kong, support Democracy" be fired. He told China, not a chance, we won't even discipline him for exercising his right of free speech. His response is going to cost the NBA billions of dollars, but at least the league finally stood up for what is right versus seeking to maximize their revenue potential while be extorted.