View Single Post

Old 10-23-2019, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
The problem seems to be related to Flash no longer working. I changed my browser settings to allow Flash to play by default and reinstalled the player. Some sites are now working but others remain stubborn.

I'm also struggling with browser hijacker r.srvtrck. No malware removal tools have been able to identify it. There are instructions online but they require system changes and I'm not sure I trust them. The hijack is intermittent and spawns a new tab to an external site when I click an item description in Amazon. Anyone have experience removing it?

The reason I stick with Windows is because it allows me to modify specific features (menu font size, window padding size, icon font size, etc.) to make them bigger to accommodate my decreased vision. Can Apple products do that?
Yes, they can do the things you need and Apple Customer Service is the best I've ever used. They actually care and communicate properly. It's more money for an Apple but I think it's worth it.

I just learned that Best Buy is an authorized Apple Dealer. The other one I've been to was in Altamonte Springs about an hour away. Really impressive place. They had me fixed up and on my way in about a half-hour, no charge and this was on an 8-year-old iMac. Good Luck.

The Chromebook is also very impressive and much cheaper.