View Single Post

Old 10-28-2019, 03:23 PM
Default Broward Factory Service

Just a heads up I purchased the Broward Factory Service Silver Service Plan. This is the plan they sell at those Panera bread meetings. It sounded to good to be true so I should have known better. My first experience was for my Garbage Disposal the serviceman came out three days after my call and told me it wasn’t covered by the service plan even though it says Garbage Disposal in the large print. So I ended up paying $175.00 for the service guy to install a new Disposal. Call two was for my washing machine that was leaking out the bottom the serviceman came out four days after my call to the office and this guy knew absolutely nothing about washing machines he tightened the hoses which weren’t loose and said to call back if it still leaked. The next day when I ran a load of course it leaked all over the floor again so I called for service again. This time it took five days (I Sensing a pattern) for the serviceman to come out. This guy at least open up the machine an told me the circuitboard was bad and he would order one that day and I would receive a call when it arrived. Three days later I get a call from the office and they told me the board is not covered and it would be almost $500 to fix a $400 washing machine. I don’t know if the board is really bad or the serviceman just told me that so he wouldn’t have to fix it knowing no one would spent that amount of money on a 8 year old washing machine. The bottom line is I wasted almost $300 on a service agreement with a company that has unqualified serviceman and they don’t seem to cover anything. So if you are looking at this service buyer beware just another company ripping off senior citizens.