View Single Post

Old 10-30-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Let me lead with this. We have been here (off and on) for about 4 years. We love it here and stay active.

Having said that and after reading the post about some clubs restricted by numbers or demographics let me relate our experience in an attempt at full disclosure for anyone looking to move here.

My wife is a very experienced glass artist. She taught stained glass classes at our old home. She tried to join 2 fused glass clubs. We have now been on the "waiting list" for 3 years and the phone has not rung.

I inquired about the woodworking club/shop and was told (with a condescending look) the waiting list was about 2 years long but "sure, go ahead and put your name on the list".

My wife recently tried to join another club and was told it is closed to new members.

The country club pools, etc. require and extra fee.

On the brighter side we play pickleball daily and have been welcomed. We joined a mahjong group and were taught and welcomed. Our neighborhood association have included us and encourage participation. I have been asked to join a couple of golf groups. We stay as active as we want to be.

Just know that while all the activities are "available" many may not be available to YOU and it will get worse as the villages continues its explosive growth.
This is not necessarily true as new clubs and activities will be started.