View Single Post

Old 10-30-2019, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
You explained your experience in a factual way, and you are 100% correct. You can’t just walk in and start your own glass fusion class. I happen to know that the wait lists are about 3 years for this class. Space in the kilns and art rooms is very limited.

I often hear sales people imply that everything is available to everyone whenever you want it. This is simply not true. In their defense, they may not even be aware of limitations that exist with certain groups/clubs.

So your point is well taken. It’s annoying how several posters piled on at your criticism balanced as it was.

And you’re correct, people considering moving here deserve full disclosure.
I feel qualified to answer this because I use the art room at Laurel Manor on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday every week. Each of the classes are not even half full even during high season. The only class with a waiting list is pottery because it requires pre-instruction on use of equipment and techniques. I think that there is more use in the newer areas because everyone wants to try everything, but if you are willing to go to other rec centers there is space.