View Single Post

Old 10-31-2019, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacoast1 View Post
We’re thinking of selling our house this winter while we’re there and would like your thoughts about hiring a Village agent vs an outside company. Do Village agents show homes listed by other companies? Vice versa? Any opinion/information would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My understanding is The Villages do not show and can not sell houses that are listed in the Multiple Listing System. And, I believe The Villages agents are not Realtors, but simple transaction agents, as they do not belong to the National Association of Realtors (NAR). Realtors can not sell houses listed by The Village agents and vice-versa. I believe this is unique to certain communities. In my opinion, it does a disservice to the public, by forcing people to choose only The Village's agents for what they list, especially, new homes.

Outside of TV land, developers usually allow Realtors to sell their product, but some don't, unless they are having a problem selling their product, and then they offer Realtors larger commissions.

Not all Realtors, and not all non-Realtor agents, are more knowledgeable about the products they sell. Ask a lot of questions. A listing agent usually doesn't sell your home, they just list it, and put it out there for other Realtors or agents to sell.

Last edited by Ben Franklin; 10-31-2019 at 10:19 AM.