View Single Post

Old 10-31-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
My understanding is he Villages do not show and can not sell houses that are listed in the Multiple Listing System. And, I do not believe The Villages agents are Realtors, but simple transaction agents, as they do not belong to the National Association of Realtors (NAR). Realtors can not sell houses listed by The Village agents and vice-versa. I believe this is unique to certain communities. In my opinion, it does a disservice to the public, by forcing people to choose only The Village's agents for what they list, especially, new homes.

Outside of TV land, developers usually allow Realtors to sell their product, but some don't, unless they are having a problem selling their product, and then they offer Realtors larger commissions.

Not all Realtors, and not all non-Realtor agents, are more knowledgeable about the products they sell. Ask a lot of questions. A listing agent usually doesn't sell your home, they just list it, and put it out there for other Realtors or agents to sell.
Homes here are not hard to sell and we sold our first one here without any realtor, just a closing agent and it cost us $700. People are lined up to buy homes here. If you offer it clean and well presented at a price that other similar homes with similar views are offered it will sell in a short time.

I get a little tired of all the reverence for the big
"R" in front of the word realtor. It is something in my opinion that the "R" company is selling.

Properties of The Villages sells over 70% of all homes listed in The Villages.

I am not a realtor, never have been, never wanted to be and am not much a fan of them. I don't work for The Villages either and never met any Morses in person, but I hope to some day.