View Single Post

Old 11-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Questions for those of you that have been here for awhile.

When was that last time TV built a major venue site such as The Sharon or the Savannah Center auditorium? What was the population in TV at the time? Are there any plans to add similar venues in the south part of TV?

The last small/medium venue I know about is The Studio theater that was created by closing the main dining room in Tierra Del Sol CC and converting it. They also screened in a large patio space and now use it as the restaurant.
You must be fairly recent Villager. The Sharon was built in 2015. It replaced The Church On The Square. Actually built onto The Church On The Square. The Church On The Square also had nightly entertainment several nights per week for very low admission price. I especially miss the holiday countdown which was every night in December. Admission was $2 or a can of food for the local soup kitchens. Given the lack of top shelf entertainment at the Sharon I believe this decision was a terrible trade off. But then again I knew when I purchased here TV is not a democracy. Thankful for the great entertainment I did get enjoy in the past. There was some incredible local talent that played at the church.