View Single Post

Old 11-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
goodrx.com is an excellent resource for checking into the possibility of saving by paying cash.
Absolutely! I just had this happen again, leading me to wonder if it happens far more frequently than one would realize. We all remember the 'Epi-Pen Debacle' of a couple of years ago, where the new owner of the patent jacked up the price of it thousands of percent. Well, mine is an old generic anti-fungal cream that up until a couple of years ago was an old tier 1 med.

I just went to fill it now, and my Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan co-pay would be $1,072.55 for a three-month supply. Using the GoodRx app, I bought this prescription at Walmart Pharmacy for $74.19! In this instance the difference was so absurd that I would like to think anyone would notice it. But others are more subtle.

I'm just suggesting that as our doctors prescribe medications that are tier 3 or higher, we should check various discount sources for what often seem to be better prices (whether Drug Price Comparisons, Online Pharmacy Safety and Coupon Savings | PharmacyChecker.com for Canadian mail order pharmacies; www.costco.com who has among the lowest mail order cash prices; and the GoodRx app, which might come up with a lower price yet. If any readers have found other economical sources, please share them. I guess we have to 'shop around' for our medical care much as we do for, say, a major appliance! Incredible. . . .

Last edited by Quixote; 11-05-2019 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Noticed a typo. . . .