View Single Post

Old 11-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,072 Times in 2,743 Posts

We have 2 EFI gas carts, a 2015 club car and a 2014 Yamaha. Here are my observations. The club car has way less passenger room (head and leg room) than the Yamaha. That is not a bad thing, but something to consider if you are a tall person. I am 6'1" and find the club car too confining and difficult to get in and out of frequently when golfing. My wife is 5'2" and and finds the Yamaha too big and is not as comfortable in it. She primarily uses the club car and I use the Yamaha. The Yamaha is quieter and takes the bumps a little better. The club car has tighter steering and a little quicker acceleration. However, the club car is noticeably louder, I it hesitates for a second when accelerating from a complete stop, and on rare occasion it backfires when decelerating. Both carts have been reliable. We have never had a problem with the Yamaha and have only broken down once with the club car (an alternator belt broke while driving on the MMP). Lastly, the club car seems to go through tire tread faster than the Yamaha. Either way, you can't go wrong. If I was buying a new cart now, I would go with the gas Yamaha quiet tech for both its quiteness as well as the rear independent suspension, which absorbs bumps better than any other cart I have been in. Hope this helps.