View Single Post

Old 11-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

I second making sure the steering wheel is at 12 o'clock when the cart is going straight. Our club car is at about 10:30 when going straight and it always bugs me. Also, when we bought our club car from Villages Golf Carts we upgraded from 8 inch to 10 inch tires and were told by the salesperson that if was a good idea and common upgrade. After driving the cart over some bumps and around some corners we noticed the tires were rubbing inside the wheel wells. I was furious and brought the cart back. The service manager told me the cart was not designed for tires larger than 8 inches and it would need a lift kit, which they don't install. They offered to swap back the 8 inch tires and refund me for the upgrade, but I wanted the bigger tires. I had to bring the cart to an outside service place and pay another $800 to have a three inch lift kit installed to accommodate the tires. I must admit, the cart looks much better with the lift kit and we get many positive comments from people, but it was an unanticipated expense.