View Single Post

Old 11-09-2019, 10:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,074 Times in 2,743 Posts

Meniscus tear surgery is arthroscopic and has a quick recovery. It mostly involves cleaning up the damage, but can sometimes involve trying to repair minor cartilage damage. It's worth doing as there is little downside and lots of possible upside. Plus, a skilled surgeon can give you very good diagnosis of your overall knee health once they get into your knee with the scope and check everything out. I have had both knees scoped a couple of times, as well as ACL reconstruction on the left knee and a total knee replacement on the right knee. The left knee will eventually need to be replaced, but I am in no hurry to go through that again anytime soon. I really enjoyed skiing moguls, playing football, basketball, lacrosse, and hiking as many big mountains as I could. Unfortunately, if I could do it all again I would have taken it a lot easier on my knees. Oh well, water under the bridge. I wish I could recommend a good orthopedic knee surgeon in the Villages area, but my guy is up north. Get it taken care of and good luck.