View Single Post

Old 11-10-2019, 06:33 AM
Default Just wondering if anyone else is having their signs taken?

We have had our home in Sable Chase for sale by owner for about a week. We have had open houses with the small signs with an arrow placed on Canal, Ridgeville Rd. And Duffy Loop leading to our home. We asked the home owners permission to place our signs on their lawns. Everyday we were missing 2 or more signs. They were only up for about 2 hours and 10 minutes. Saturday my wife saw a fellow that drives a Villages Watch truck taking some signs but not all of them. When she questioned him he said that the District was cracking down and not allowing any signs of any kind on The Villages easement and anyone with a sign on their lawn and not on the easement would be fined. He said he had called in and reported this to the district office and the people that had allowed us to place signs on their lawn were going to be fined but not us. He wouldn't let my wife have our signs back but told her she would have to pick them up at the district office on Bonita pass. Later in the day I went to the office to retrieve our signs but they weren't there. A supervisor saw me looking threw several signs and asked if I needed help. I explained the situation to him and he confirmed what we were told by the driver. While I was talking to him the driver pulled in and started unloading signs which included ours. I noticed that the driver pulled in to the parking lot from the east on Bonita pass. I asked him why he took our signs but left the exact sign as ours that he passed at the corner of Canal and Bonita pass which was on the golf course property at the s.e. corner. His answer was that he didn't have time to get all the signs. I left the office and followed the signs to an open house by a realtor. I asked if they had had any signs taken and they said no. I'm going to the district office Monday to try and get an answer but it seemed strange to me that realtor signs weren't taken. Has anyone else experienced this kind of treatment?