View Single Post

Old 11-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
All three had full rides, for undergrad. By the time you finish your residency, then your fellow into your field. Half a million plus is pretty common for specialized physicians. All are children happy with their field.

Our granddaughter, is in premed, full ride. We all have had the conversation about physicians debt starting a practice, and MALPRACTICE cost. Other physicians she has shadowed have had discussions with her.

At 3 she announced she wanted to be a doctor, while she reading X-rays with her grandpa, at the office. She asked for a grays anatomy for her 5 birthday.

She is going To be an Orthopedic Surgeon with eyes wide open.
That sounds wonderful! I can relate a tiny bit, I had a very happy baby sitter when I was five. I asked her what made her so happy and she said because she was studying chemical engineering. I had no idea what it was but I decided from that moment on that’s what I was going to do....and I did. Only to find out, much later, that watching chemical interactions for hours in beakers was not really my thing. Lol. Of course your granddaughter choose the right path for herself.

Last edited by Velvet; 11-10-2019 at 02:51 PM.