View Single Post

Old 11-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
I hope your problem is not the same as we had in a NEW house here. Water would not drain out of the "walk-in" shower and naturally would run out into the adjacent area. It was caused by the drain not being installed at a lower level than the shower floor. The only possible solution was to tear out the tile and the concrete below the drain in order to position a replacement drain properly. Was a huge mess caused by the jackhammer and removal of the broken up tiles and concrete. Fortunately, it was a new construction and covered by the home warranty. I have no idea how much the "fix" would have been, but it involved several days including the destruction of the original tiles and concrete, pouring new concrete and tile replacement. Good luck to you, and I'm sure the mistake by the builder was a very rare occurrence. Almost any other problem with it would be an easier repair. You did not state the age of your house so unless you've had some very unusual "settling" of concrete in adjacent areas, and the house is not new, that is not the issue.
Or perhaps had new construction and new plumbing with it???