Thread: Command Hooks
View Single Post

Old 11-11-2019, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,761 Times in 5,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarwen3 View Post
Both command hooks i used were rated for 5 lbs. I hung a 1lb or less picture only to have it fall ..TWICE!! we finally went with hollow wall anchors for the heavier stuff and picture hangers that use a small nail for the lighter stuff. Small holes are easy to fill in and leave very little space you can fill with spackling. Hollow wall anchors are a different story. There is a product you can use to mimic your textured walls, for repairing holes. It comes in a spray can like spray paint.
I have found that regular, heavy duty picture hangers will hold very heavy objects without the need for hollow wall anchors. But, if you want to repair a wall with the spray-on orange peel texture, I would suggest buying a 2 ft by 2 ft piece of drywall at Home Depot and practice spraying it on. It really takes some skill to get it to match the existing surface. Trust me, you can really make a mess. In most cases, I would just fill in the hollow wall hole with spackling and forget about the spray-on stuff.