View Single Post

Old 11-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,623 Times in 5,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Darn it, rg123, we were having a fine conversation and then you had to go all tribal on me.

I could respond by saying that I do not agree with your theory. I could go on to point out that it looks to me like a chunk of change from the tax law is in the hands of corporate CEOs who too often choose to drive much of it into stock buybacks to inflate share price.

I realize the fact that I do not like the top-heavy use of a lot of that money makes me a bit of an enigma, to some, because I have an interest in the market.

Oh well, rg, it was fun to discuss a little econ with you, but then you decided to try to take me down that road to nowhere. It would be a waste of time for both of us.
Sorry, but I think you may have read more into my post than I intended. The OP was asking for opinions about whether or not to do a ROTH conversion. I was just answering your specific question about stocks, and expressing an opinion about the pros and cons of the ROTH conversion. One advantage to the ROTH conversion is the ease with which your children can inherit the ROTH without paying any income tax, or the burden of hiring a CPA to figure out how to deal with the complicated IRS tax rules regarding an inherited Traditional IRA. I was also providing the reason why the medical tax deduction exclusion was increased fron 7.5 percent to 10 percent. No intent to go down a road to nowhere, or to discuss corporate CEOs at all. Just trying to stay on topic.