View Single Post

Old 11-13-2019, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
We purchased a home with a Lanai that has a drain that runs from side to side. This floor drain has a cover that has thin slots in the top to collect water and it drains to each end, outside the lanai.

The drain top has been finished to match the rest of the concrete floor. However, has anyone else replaced the covers with Steel or another type of finish that may allow removal of the covers for a more thorough cleaning? (The existing finish was applied over both the concrete and the plastic covers, like being painted in place).

Just wondering ... I’m not a “neat freak”, but when I clean, I like to get it completely done ....

Thanks in advance for your input / replies.
I have seen the drains you are talking about, these are one piece and do not have a removable top. If you really want to clean the drains, these will come out the ends (sides) of your lanai, you could possibly use a pressure washer and hose with a suitable tip to go in from the outside, but i have never seen any reason to clean these drains. I have also seen some hose attachments that seem to spray a simulated high pressure pattern that you could fit in the drains from the outside.
Hope this helps