View Single Post

Old 11-14-2019, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Besides the fenced yards on the Veranda homes and 2 car garage on Patio Villas and Courtyard Villas, the other big difference I see is on the inside. It's an open kitchen with island, which most people consider to be the hub of the home. I believe because of the large display advertising and model homes nearby at On Top of the World and Arlington Ridge, TV has been forced to adapt.

When I came here I noticed so many large designer homes which should feature the kitchen as the most expensive room in the house was usually tucked away in a corner with an L-shaped bar.

Also overlooked was the cabinets themselves, one week of watching House Hunters would tell builders the 7 out of 10 woman want a white kitchen. When I came here 8 years ago and looked at CYV's, not one new home had a white kitchen. We ended up buying horrible looking brown maple cabinets and then spending $5,000 to have them refaced in white. My other cabinet choice was a dark or ebony cabinet. TV seem to love medium brown cabinets and the more modern looking white and gray were very hard to find. Now I see half the new homes having white and gray cabinets.

Here's a model at On Top of the World - very open with an island

The Villages Florida

Typical Villages kitchen on homes built north of 44 - tucked in the corner with brown cabinets and L-shaped bar

The Villages Florida

Kitchen on a new home for sale right now, an Iris in Monarch Grove - gray cabinets and an island

The Villages Florida