View Single Post

Old 11-14-2019, 10:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,508 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Agree, and also wonder why there isn't a traffic jam as all those who think we are overtaxed, overcrowded, overpopulated, over developed, traffic gridlocked town/city leave. Wait, and those that believe the Developer is responsible for everything and is greedy should be right in there also.
Yes because of course everyone who has an opinion that conflicts with the "perfection of paradise" can afford to pack up and move out.

I feel that Florida in general mismanages its tax revenue and the towns and counties containing the Villages is no exception. I totally believe the Villages is overdeveloped. They should have stopped when Morse said they were going to stop.

I don't believe the developer is responsible "for everything" but they are not innocent bystanders in every single situation that might possibly involved them.

Traffic isn't too bad, all things considered, but it gets pretty congested in spots along Morse and Buena Vista, at least in the northern half of TV.

I think there is corruption in facets of all government and corporations, to some extent. It is inevitable, when you give one person or a family of persons and their personal friends, family, and other close associates, ultimate authority over a town, a business, a country. It attracts the best and the worst. If you feel this can't possibly be true, there's a bridge that still doesn't actually go anywhere I'd love to sell you.

That doesn't mean people who have differing opinions should leave. It means they should communicate and stop pretending issues don't exist. They do. And they can be addressed politely and diplomatically. But only if everyone is willing to accept that issues exist. When one rejects the possibility, nothing can be resolved.