View Single Post

Old 11-15-2019, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,508 Times in 3,104 Posts

Now I'm even more confused than I was before. It looks to me, after checking all these bundles and "add-ons" that the things we used to get with "the cord" will be MORE expensive by cutting the cord. If we want ABC and CBS and NBC we have to pay extra for each of them, on TOP of a $40-$50 channel bundle. Amazon says their firestick comes with all kinds of channels - but when you read further down - turns out some of them you have to pay extra for. What you're getting that "comes with" are just apps, so you don't have to download them when you decide you want to pay for them.

I'm looking for FREE lineups. What really and truly honestly comes with these devices. Roku comes FREE with the Roku Channel app, and that app comes FREE with a certain variety of actual TV stations and channels. I'm guessing Amazon does too, with their firestick but I can't find where that information is.

How do I know which one I want, if I don't know how much it's going to cost me in the end? If NBC is only an extra $2 per month we can handle it. But if it's $10 for that, and $10 for ABC, and $10 for CBS, and $10 for the golf channel, and $10 for this that and the other thing, and we STILL have to pay $50/month for the TV service - why in the world would we want to switch out of xfnity, which costs the same and comes with SO much more?

I'm totally not understanding this at all, I don't think.