View Single Post

Old 11-15-2019, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's a great suggestion. But it brings me back to my original question: WHICH Roku do I need for the specific type of TV that I have?
The type of TV you have is not an issue. The Roku device will come with a stick that you plug in to an HDMI port on your TV, and a USB cable that you plug in to either the TV or to a wall outlet that will power the device. Then, the stick will connect to your wifi network and you can control the Roku content with the Roku remote. The content will include preloaded APPs, some of which are free and others, that you have to pay a monthly subscription fee to watch. You can also access the Internet and install additional APPs, that were not preloaded on the Roku device. As previously mentioned, I recommend getting a Roku device that has TV volume buttons on the side of the remote so you only need to use one remote. This is especially useful when a commercial comes on that you want to mute. One popular streaming APP service is YouTube TV that does include the Golf Channel. I think it costs about 50 dollars per month.