View Single Post

Old 11-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
What troubles me in particular, is that the current homeowners, especially the very poor outside TV, as well as those who live in TV, are saddled with increased property taxes to encourage the growth they do not benefit from.

Also it sounds like you did not know Mr. Schwartz personally, but my relatives did. He was interested in the well being and happiness of his clients too.
I know several people who still live here, in their 80's, who knew Mr. Schwartz, and they schooled me on yes, he was interested in the well being and happiness because that was the attraction which fulfilled his business plan. It was a win win. There isn't a lot of difference in today's direction, what is different is the number of people here who have issues and that's directly related to the growth. I can't believe the number of people who buy here without doing their due diligence and then complain. People make uninformed decisions and then want to find a way to change things to validate their decision. I know the overused flippant response is "then move" and I also know that there are those that either financially or physically can't, but for those that made a bad decision and can, step up and try to correct it. Mr. Schwartz was an astute business man.

Berks County Pennsylvania